De Queen and Sevier County are highly business oriented and offer an economic climate that encourages commerce and trade. Regulatory and tax burdens are minimal. Sevier County has a diverse, non-union work force that is productive and eager to work.
De Queen’s transportation network can provide a company many advantages:
- The City is served by Kansas City Southern Railroad and short line railroad De Queen & Eastern.
- U.S. Highways 59 and 71 run north and south, with U.S. Highway 70 running east and west.
- De Queen is a great location to reach Texas and Oklahoma markets, only 34 miles to the Texas border and 42 miles to I-30 and to the west borders Oklahoma.
- Six major truck lines provide daily pickup and delivery in De Queen. One of these lines is located 1 mile outside Broken Bow delivering to all 48 states and Canada.
- The J. Lynn Helms Sevier County Airport offers a 5,000 –plus-foot runway that can connect a company to the world.
De Queen and Sevier County pledge the cooperation of all citizens in this community to welcome a company and help make it successful. We are confident that De Queen and Sevier County, Arkansas is a great place for a business or industry. Our people are ready to join hands and cooperate to welcome a company into our area.
Mayor Billy Ray McKelvy
(870) 584-3445 – Office
(870) 584-9192 – Cell
220 N. 2nd St.
P.O. Box 730
De Queen, AR 71832